Possible Memory Leak in pd-linux-0.25TEST4.tar

est at hyperreal.org est at hyperreal.org
Tue Mar 30 20:44:36 CEST 1999

Michal Seta discourseth:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, John Michael Davison wrote:
> well, I'm not a C guru so I won't comment on this question but I've
> noticed something strange about the pd_0.24 on linux.  When I run it for a
> longer time it ends up slowing down and eventually freeze the system.

Hmm, I don't even get that far.  I've tried the last 3 versions of pd
on RedHat 5.2 (using all their latest updates) and every one of them
pretty quickly freezes the whole system in a Tk file-open dialog.  I
can't even transfer to my character-based virtual terminals or reboot
with control-at-delete!  I also tried the latest Tcl/Tk (8.05) with
the same results.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Eric