Pd 0.25 pre-release

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Thu Apr 15 10:01:48 CEST 1999

klaus voltmer writes:

[...]
 > i'm running pd on a SGI o2 (R5000) and recompiled it as you discribed..
 > (compiling "pd" itself with n32, leaving out t_tkcmd.c and t_main.c)
 > now it runs a bit faster..
 > is there any way i can optimize it more?
 > i really have performace troubles and don't like to use fts :/
 >
 > best klaus

[...]

Which system you are running, on our o2 r1000 and irix 6.5 we did:

   FASTCFLAGS =  -IPA -Ofast=ip32 -OPT:cray_ivdep=true \
     -mips4 -n32 -r10000 -OPT:roundoff=3 -OPT:IEEE_arithmetic=3

   CFLAGS =  -w2 -DUNIX -DIRIX -DPD $(FASTCFLAGS)

   LDFLAGS =  -w2 -IPA

where a lot of improvement was made by the -IPA at compile and link
time, could you mail your CFLAGS, LDFLAGS for comparision ...

mfg winfried