signal-flow-incompatibility

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Thu May 6 23:45:51 CEST 1999

Christian Feldbauer writes:

 > Hi Miller !
 > Hi Overlap-And-Add-Freaks !
 >
 > PD is a signal-flow-oriented programming environment...
 >
 > But in my opinion there is a incompatibility becouse the fft-objets and
 > outlet~ (overlap and add).
 > Why should the outlet~ get a different signal than any other object (for
 > example tabsend~) after rifft~ ????
 >
 > Can anybody answer this question ?

 Ok, I will try,

 The block~ object changes the behaviour of the whole subpatch.
 The inlet~ and outlet~ are responsible for translating the signal
 to the format used in the parent patch.
 Just put the outlet after the rifft~ object and then you can
 use the tabsend~. (in the parent patch)
 The fft objects don't change anything by themselves, it's the block
 object.

 Guenter