sfread

Michael Lechasseur mlecha at music.mcgill.ca
Thu May 13 21:02:38 CEST 1999

Hi,

	I've been doing a lot of experimenting with pd during the last couple of
days, and I'm having a great time.  I'm working with sound files, and
thought that I might find some advice here.

	I see that an sfread object is included in the externs directory, and I am
wondering how I should go about compiling it?  The files of code are there,
but it doesn't seem available to me in pd, so I don't think that it got
compiled on install? (version 0.25TEST4)

	I've been working with loading files into arrays in the meantime, and have
a question.  When I read a sound file into an array, the length is sent to
the stdout window.  I would like to use that value in pd.  Is it accessible
somehow?  I'm getting clicks at the start and finish of playing the content
of the arrays, so if I could find out the length of the sound file, I could
mute the output to the dac~ at the appropriate times.  Any ideas?

	I'm a bit confused as to the difference between a graph and array.  It
seems that I should make a graph, and then create an array in it?

	Michael Lechasseur