absolute beginner

eric hill ehill at best.com
Wed May 19 19:13:52 CEST 1999

>I have just installed pd and gem on a SGI Indy / Irix 6.2.
>Now I would like to work with it but the documentation is very poor.
>Is there a faq-list for pd and gem or any further documentation?

welcome to the boat :) i think the best way to get going is to go
through the tutorials that get installed with PD, and then to go through
the modules to see what actual functions are available. i'm interested in
perhaps getting together a function reference webpage that just lists the
modules that come with PD and maybe a line or two about what they do, what
kind of values they can deal with, etc. perhaps this already exists.

incidentally, i've found that the mailing list archives deal more with
beta/installation/antiorp issues than with usage and instrument-building
concepts.

eric

onnow: timbaland : lobster & scrimp (blackground)