Sound Cards

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Thu Jul 15 02:28:04 CEST 1999

Anyone have experience with the soundblaster live cards under linux?  I am
considering upgrading my pitiful Yamaha OPL3sa built-in sound card and was
wondering about the creative cards under the newest versions of linux
(RedHat/Mandrake 6 specifically).  Any experience with SMP would be great
(I know that there were some issues at one time with the Live Card and
SMP).  If you know of a suitable alternative that would be fine too.

Thanks,

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |