No sound on my linux 0.26

reine at mbox314.swipnet.se reine at mbox314.swipnet.se
Wed Aug 18 08:53:32 CEST 1999

While my 0.25 works fine the 0.26 doen't.

Here is the startup text from 0.25:

OSS: device Nr. 1 on /dev/dsp
pd: OSS: requiring extra adc handles
OSS: failed to open /dev/dsp readonly
OSS: Could not set fragment size on
pd: advance 34 (4096), samplerate = 44100, inputchannels = 0, outputchannels = 2
error: failed to open MIDI ports; continuing without MIDI.
pd: warning: high priority scheduling enabled
pd: warning: memory locking enabled

and from 0.26:
pd: warning: high priority scheduling enabled
pd: warning: memory locking enabled
OSS: device Nr. 1 on /dev/dsp
pd: OSS: requiring extra adc handles
OSS: failed to open /dev/dsp1 read only
pd: advance 2205 samples, samplerate = 44100
pd: inputchannels = 0, outputchannels = 2
error: failed to open MIDI ports; continuing without MIDI.
pd: audio I/O stuck... closing audio and MIDI

I've tried to comment out the "closing audio" lines
and changed the values to  SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT without
sucess.

On my homebrew programs this works
   svar=(2<<16)|(14);
   svar=ioctl(sfh,SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT,&svar);
   if (svar<0) printf("Error in SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT.\n");

Reine