Recompiling PD

Miha Tomšič miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si
Mon Aug 23 20:04:48 CEST 1999

	Hello!

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Miller Puckette wrote:
> I think "make install" doesn't work on Debian (minor compatibility problems)
> but someone, I forgot who, has reported how you can change the makefile for

It was me. :] I sent a patch few days ago. Soeren, if you need it I can
send it to you. The only real problem is that option -D in install command
must be replaced with -d and you are all set. Deleting the /usr/lib/pd
tree before installing can't hurt, unless you have something special put
there...

> Debian.  I think that in RedHat you can just "make install" although I've
> never done that, since I don't see any advantage to it...

Well, the help says tha docs can be found in /usr/lib/pd/doc so why not
put it there :).
Oh and one more thing: the help says the HTML docs are in
/usr/lib/pd/doc/1.manual/index.html, but in fact all the .html docs are
suffixed .htm.
Oh, and LICENSE.txt and README.txt are never installed into the
/usr/lib/pd...

Yes, I know I am just nitpicking... :)

	Mikka - aalte saakker...

 - Miha Tomšič --- C. na postajo 55 -- SI-1351 Brezovica pri Lj. --- SLOVENIA -