GUI

Nicola Bernardini nicb at axnet.it
Tue Aug 31 21:34:13 CEST 1999

Yesterday, Miller Puckette mi scrisse cio` che segue:

> The main points Pd would have over Max/MSP are GEM (the graphics library
> by Mark Danks), better frequency-domain processing, and (potentially) more
> flexible data handling; the main advantage of Max/MSP is that it's more
> polished and much better documented.

Miller, you forgot to say that PD is *open-source*, while MAX/MSP is
not. *And* that PD is free, while MAX/MSP costs money. *And* that
MAX/MSP does not have netsend/netreceive, AFAIK...

ciao

Nicola

P.S. Btw, I have nothing against MAX/MSP, just telling the truth..

Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb at axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.