netsend/netreceive

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.EDU
Wed Sep 1 00:26:27 CEST 1999

By the way, it occurrs to me that "netsend" is a gaping security hole;
anyone who knows your port number could send Pd commands to read and
write files on your system.  I'm trying to think of a way to restrict
what a netreceive can do but in the meantime, perhaps you shouldn't tell
the world what port numbers your patches use, or run anyone else's patch
without changing the port number.  And don't leave the help window open...

cheers
Miller