Sv: resynching audio error

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Wed Sep 1 16:45:18 CEST 1999

HI

>I just re-installed PD 0.25 under W98 and keep getting a "resynching audio"
>error.  Running a P333 with SB Live sound card.  What should I be doing?

First, keep in mind, that PD is designed to run under Windows NT. However it will also work under win95/98. I have a similar soundcard and get the same error under 98. However it helps a lot to disable either DAC or ADC (pd -nodac / - noadc), but I do not consider that a satisfying solution. I don't think that PD is the problem, but rather the Live drivers. It is too bad, because it is a great soundcard for other purposes.

By the way, running PD in linux with the Live drivers crashes the soundmodule and keeps PD hanging as a zombie. Running as root crashes the OS (!). Beware! I have reported the problem to Creative.

Cheers

Soeren