re-compiling & resynching audio error

Elliot Anderson ewanders at sirius.com
Thu Sep 2 18:29:26 CEST 1999

	It seems that the "resynching audio" problem is not confined to the SB
Live driver.  I installed PD under W98 on my notebook that has an ESS sound
card and had the same problem.
	I tried recompiling PD using the included makefile and nmake from
Microsoft Visual Studio 5.  I got errors when it tried to compile.  How
should I re-compile?
	Finally, is there a way in PD to read the parallel and serial ports?  I'm
trying to find an easier and quicker development tool to do interactive
installations.  Right now I develop my work in C/C++.  I mostly use the
parallel port for interactive devices, i.e. sonar sensors.  I then play wav
files in synch with a laser disc in response to input.  The laser disc
player is attached to the serial port and I've talked to it using PD.  I
need to read-back from the serial port to see if the laser disc has
completed its code.

Best,
Elliot Anderson

Elliot Anderson