Pd 0.27 released

08.IZtT_Wrt.024.57 opt at web.fm
Mon Sep 6 04:02:49 CEST 1999

jodel!

you plan on keeping up these release cycles?

if my connect were a little slower, the new version's out even before i
finished dowloading the previous one. i ll never get into actually
compiling the stuff, not to speak of running anything. ;))
--

--makefilename $PD_HOME/control/%d.tab
--so, assuming i ve identical filesystem under $PD_HOME, i dont have to

jea, thought of that few secs after i hit ^X

--There might be other good reasons to be able to slap environment
--variables
--into object boxes...  anyone?

i ll try + and think about it ...
another thing in that contechst:
a while ago we were (or i was ;) talking about an
"execute-external-command" object. like the backtick operator in
shell/perl. or maybe not even an object, but really the backtick feature
in any parameters you give to an object or message. that would also solve
the env varible problem, because then you just have thngs like:

write16 sound/`date +%j`.aif

or

read16 `echo $HOME`/jodel/%d.aif

or

with a plain message, like
`echo $HOME`/bin/myscript.pl

trigger  a program, that operates on files pd uses or does basically
anything. you could use pd as a replacement for cron. ;))
(but hey, "seriously" again, that would "open a world of possibilites
for pd in realms far beyond music".)

or

numberbox

`| mail -s "a number" pd-list at iem.mhsg.ac.at`

or

blabla ... ;)
more?

--
ok, in the meantime, point your mp3 players at
http://vienna.mp3.at:8000/fmx