addendum on lists...

14.wtI_Wtxbz.589.36 opt at web.fm
Mon Sep 20 03:37:17 CEST 1999

hu!
i tried the 'field fred symbol' which by itself works but when i want to
append fred something, i always get no method for: 'bla', 'symbol bla',
'set bla', 'send bla' , i dont know .. ;)
also i get an error on painting with the symbol field ...?

i just wanted to make sort of a hashtable ..
keeping a 2-field list of id's (numbers) and clientnames (strings)
..

anyhow, i done this differently now.

but i have this other strange thing going on right now, where when i open
a certain patch, a rather extended one , pd falls into this weird mode
where it wont let me do anything. ;)) but when i open any other patch
before i open that one, all is fine. ok. i cant really track it down yet
..

the open/close messages are working top thou and i can trigger an
external program to render my .pd files on request via a local
netsend .. mhm well, ltr.

-#-
¯\I forgot to answer the second question, whether you can have symbols
¯\in lists.  I've never tried it, but you should be able to say
¯\"field fred symbol" and you'll get a field named "fred" whose
¯\value is a symbol.  But since I haven't tested that yet, I bet
¯\it will fail; I'll look after I finish the exciting job of putting
¯\ALSA support back in...