PD & MacLinux

Vger gert at test.at
Wed Sep 22 17:25:15 CEST 1999

i once tryed this and was partly successful. i used a 7100/80, MkLinux
DR2.something and pd 0.22. compiling went ok, but the audio output was
stuttering and you could not adjust the buffer because there was no proper
sounddriver. this result is no wonder regarding the resources of the
machine, now... ;)

i would suggest using LinuxPPC which seemed to prove more stable than
MkLinux. also there are OSS drivers available now.

i know of a guy who had this combination working on a G3 Laptop (first
series). opt, what was his name... -> japan.

sure ROCKS on a G4 500Mhz... :)

also there was rumours on the list that someone worked on porting pd to
macintosh and already had a very basic version ready...

best,

At 16:12 Uhr +0200 22.09.1999, Søren Bovbjerg wrote:
>Hi PD'ers
>
>Some of my friends at Aalborg University are working on an interactive
>installation and are considering using PD to do some of the work. The
>problem: they are Mac people! So: will PD run under Linux on a Mac? Has
>anybody had any succes with that? Can it be done? It will have to be
>recompiled, for sure.
>
>Cheers
>
>Søren

http://test.at/test.at