hmmm...

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Thu Nov 4 18:26:43 CET 1999

christian hresko writes:
 > once again after browsing the list, i've got another question to ask.
 > am i missing something in regards to windows / intel based machines?  it
 > seems that pd is very powerful, but purposely aimed at 'low end' sound
 > cards and processors. (err.. no mac apps)  i can understand the linux
 > application since linux is free (unless you don't feel like downloading
 > it) and open source code.  i figure i'd have an easier time saving the
 > cash needed to buy a semi-decent windows machine as opposed to modifying
 > the code to run on my G3. (i'm guessing this hasn't been done for a
 > reason...)

It´s definitely easier to save your money and buy yourself a windows
machine, ...

But we would love you more if you modified the code to run on your
G3 ...

<rant>
Ah, and well if you call the Alpha a low end processor ....
then thinking of it , isn´t a G3 lowend too, meanwhile ?
Mips R10000 is at least not low price ....
</rant>

Guenter