Windows issues

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Fri Nov 12 05:27:25 CET 1999

(to answer Richar's earlier query, I'm running the spectral patches
on my Dell PII 300.  But memory bandwidth (function of motherboard) is
also important and laptops generally underperform "desktop" machines.

As to the path business, you can invoke "pd -path \my\favorites" or
whatnot.  In practice for Windows I put this in a shortcut.  It would
be appropriate to have a "PDPATH" environment variable feature too although
I haven't treated this as a high priority.  The best thing would
be to have a Pd installation somehow contain information about paths to
installed "dlls" and abstractions, but I haven't thought of a good, OS-
independent way to specify this...  ideas?

cheers
Miller