PD example files - realtime input processing ?

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Thu Dec 9 17:01:37 CET 1999

Bill,

If you have full duplex working you can try some of the FFT examples -
they use audio in.  The ring modulator and the delay reverb audio example
patches can be used by creating a adc~ object and patching that in.  For
the reverb patch, just take the output of the adc~ object and connect it
to the reverb subpatch/template (can't remember which it is).  Hope this
gets you started.

Karl

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, William VanLoo wrote:

> I'm a new PD user, and I'm interesting in using PD for doing realtime
> audio processing. I'm running PD on Win95 (admittedly not the best
> platform, but it's what I have for the moment at least).
>
> I've run through some of the example .pd files that are included with
> the Windows distribution, and while I've been having fun (the ring mod
> is especially cool), I haven't found any examples dealing with realtime
> audio input. I haven't gotten my head around PD's programming
> environment yet, so I'm going to be just playing with others' work for
> the moment. Any suggestions on examples to try?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
> --
> AppNet MidWest Interactive [formerly Sigma6] /  http://www.appnet.com
>
>                          http://www.chromedecay.org

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |