trouble loading ggext

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Mon Dec 13 11:53:20 CET 1999

Bill Sack writes:
 > hi list
 > i built and installed pd-028, and now cannot load ggext:
 >
 > [bsack at t0ast pd]$ pd -frags 4 -verbose -lib ggext
 > fragment count specified; using old-fashioned audio I/O
 > Pd version 0.28
 > , compiled 14:13:08 Dec 11 1999
 > <. . . etc. . . .>
 > tried /home/bsack/pd/ggext.pd_linux and succeeded
 > /home/bsack/pd/ggext.pd_linux: /home/bsack/pd/ggext.pd_linux: undefined symbol
 > : class_doaddbang
 > ggext: can't load library
 >
 > it worked on an earlier version, so i'm pretty sure that ggext.pd_linux
 > was built correctly. I've recompiled it, too, but that did not help.
 > Anyone have an idea?

Copy m_pd.h from "pd/src" into the ggext directory. Be sure to remove
traces of old installations (/usr/include/m_pd.h, /usr/local/include/m_pd.h).
.. and recompile ggext.

Another alternative is to get the newest version of ggext (0.13) where
I hopefully got rid of this problem.

<ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/gige/ggext>

Guenter