pd + YellowdogLinux + PBG3

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Tue Dec 14 05:41:18 CET 1999

Zowee, that's the first I've heard of anyone getting sound out of Pd on a
Mac!  Not knowing the slightest thing about it, but haveing spent many
hours listening to misbehaving audio I/O systems, I would look in the
following places:

0.  Run with "-noadc" to start with.

1.  Compare Pd's clock to real time.  If it's off by 100%, the driver has
the wrong number of channels or the wrong sample size.  If off by a
varying amount proceed to #2:

2.  If the sound "sputters" it's timing; try "-frags 8 -fragsize 14" or other
huge values and see if the behavior changes.

3.  Try a sine wave at different amplitudes.  If the timbre changes,
it's either the format of the audio samples or else overflow in the output.

4.  Monkey around at random.  (that's where I usually end up.)