Proposal: Abstraction over the DSP graph

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Dec 15 11:50:15 CET 1999

Karl MacMillan writes:
 > Is the block~ object the only one that implements this type of
 > abstraction at the moment?  Has anyone done something like voice~?  Any
 > clarification about how this is currently implemented would be
 > appreciated.

AFAIK, block is the only object that uses the "summing outlets".
We had a short discussion some time ago about the problem of
multiple voices. It somehow vanished as soon as it came up.
I think it's definitely possible to write something like that
based on the mechanism used in block~.

Having the necessary amount of spare time to do it is
another problem .....

Guenter