win9x windows slow refresh rate

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Mon Feb 28 21:55:16 CET 2000

I've heard that Celerons are weak in floating point performance; I've never
tried one myself.  Pd's audio computations are all done in floating point
so on the whole Pd won't run fast on Celerons.  However, I don't know any
reason why the graphical side of things should be so bad.  Perhaps this is
a W98 thing which will go away with NT?

cheers
Miller