midi PCMCIA

Stephen J. Parise step808 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 3 18:17:05 CET 2000

	Many MIDI interfaces use the Parallel and Serial Ports (Desktop and
Notebook computers).  About a year ago I assisted a film composer to setup
an Opcode Interface (Port 2se or something like that), it cost around
$100-$250, and was connected to his notebook PC for mobile composing.
http://www.opcode.com/
	I recommend interfaces by Mark of the Unicorn, the Midi Time Piece A/V in
particular (it's $500+).  They have other cheaper models but I'm not
familiar with them.
http://www.motu.com/
	Also, an interface with timecode will come in handy.  Some cheaper models
have them.

--
Stephen

Stephen J. Parise
composer, sound editor, sound designer, and consultant
step808 at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~step808/