Pd 0.30 test version for linux

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Tue Mar 7 18:43:35 CET 2000

Hi all,

I've folded in Karl's new ALSA code, and for synchronization purposes I'm
putting out the result as "pd-030TEST-linux.tar.gz" in
http://lena.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software

I had trouble marging the two because Karl's indentation is different from
mine; I preserved 4-space indentation in the OSS and RME code but kept
Karl's in the ALSA part.

I'm mystified about Guenter's report of socket() returing 1.  I don't
know how stdout is getting closed but I think it really shouldn't be.  I'll
test this tonight...

also Mark Danks reports that close() doesn't undo the work of open_via_path
on NT.  I'm mystified about that too but will try to track it down.

cheers
Miller