Pd 0.30 test version for linux

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Wed Mar 8 01:06:28 CET 2000

Miller,

Sorry about that - I ran s_linux.c through gnu indent (the unix
equivalent to the product you described, Ben) because there was a lot of
code wider than 80 cols but didn't mean to send you that copy.  I was
going to copy my code into a clean copy of s_linux.c but forgot.  4
spaces is fine with me and I will use that from now on.  As a side note,
anybody know how to prevent emacs from indenting braces after if
statements?

About the Alsa code - please test it if you have ALSA.  It should work
for any version higher than .50.  The code will probably continue to
change as the ALSA documentation is finished and some final API
decisions are made (and I remove some dubious code that I wrote just to
get something for PD .30).

Karl

Benjamin Israel wrote:

> Miller,
>
>     Pardon me if I'm misunderstanding, but if you're referring to the
> formatting of source code by "indentation", there is a wonderful utility that
> functions both as a stand alone app and/or  as an extension to VC6 (maybe VC5
> too I don't know) called Visual Source Format.  It is very powerful and
> flexible, allowing one to format large quantities of source code at once
> according to standardized formats or by any custom format that you define.  You
> can learn more about it here:
>
> http://www.ralgi.com/products/vsf/vsfinaction.html
>
> It can save countless hours of headache by bring reams of disparate source into
> a common format in just minutes.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ben
>
> Miller Puckette wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've folded in Karl's new ALSA code, and for synchronization purposes I'm
> > putting out the result as "pd-030TEST-linux.tar.gz" in
> > http://lena.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software
> >
> > I had trouble marging the two because Karl's indentation is different from
> > mine; I preserved 4-space indentation in the OSS and RME code but kept
> > Karl's in the ALSA part.
> >
> > I'm mystified about Guenter's report of socket() returing 1.  I don't
> > know how stdout is getting closed but I think it really shouldn't be.  I'll
> > test this tonight...
> >
> > also Mark Danks reports that close() doesn't undo the work of open_via_path
> > on NT.  I'm mystified about that too but will try to track it down.
> >
> > cheers
> > Miller

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |