gem 0.82 for linux

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Mar 13 02:07:02 CET 2000

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Karl W. MacMillan wrote:

> > Hi there !
> >
> > I have put the new version of gem (0.82) for linux on our ftp server
> > it has been lying aroung quite a while now.
> >
> > it should shortly arrive at
> >
> > <ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/pub/gige/gem>
> >
> > We have built a dual pentium system with a g400 with
> > glx support, and it is running pd and gem quite happily :)
> > .. under linux of course.
> >
> > Guenter
>
> Thanks for the new version!  I am having a few problems getting everything
> running, though.  First, the makefile seems to be in dos text format which
> make isn't too happy about.  After removing the extra ^M at the end of
> each line and setting all of the flags to linux instead of SGI make fails
> with "no rule to make target: 'all'" in each subdirectory.  This happens
> regardless of the target specified (all, debug, release).  Any ideas.

Just ignore this - I wasn't paying attention when I did the
makeauxlibs and configure.  The liborb compilation failed because of a dos
formatted makefile.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |