RME9652 driver updated

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Fri Mar 17 23:57:50 CET 2000

I am not lucky enough to have one of these cards so I am not testing
ALSA with the RME.  I know, however, that the alsa code will not work in
its current state.  What is in pd .30 is just initial alsa support for
2in/2out that uses interleaving exclusively.  As I understand things the
RME card will not be able receive interleaved samples ever.  My solution
will be to add mmap support with both read/write and readv/writev -
which will hopefully offer all of the performance of your native driver
using alsa drivers.  Any volunteers to do testing to the code when I am
finished?

Karl

Winfried Ritsch wrote:

> Since I was asked for:
>
> Native driver increased to 0.5
>                  http://iem.mhsg.ac.at/ritsch/programmier/
>
> includes now the module-merge from miller and the alpha-patch from guenter.
>
> mfg winfried
>
> PS: Since the ALSA-Driver is out and looks quite well (based upon the
> native driver sources) its time to switch to ALSA soon.
>
> - Anybody testing with ALSA and RME ?

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |