Pd crashes

F.Ernst intent at club-internet.fr
Wed Mar 22 14:51:36 CET 2000

Hello,

It seems that PD crashes if there are too long overruns (not enough CPU
power) on linux i386.

Just few minutes ago I was patching PD 0.30 with the CPU at 90%  then
some glitches produced by the movement on the mouse ( when you move some
selected items in edit mode ) have crashed PD.

I get with "ps" command :

15688  p0 R   81:47 ./pd -frags 4 -audiobuf 1024 -lib ggext
15689  p0 Z    0:26 (pd-gui <zombie>)

"kill -9" is useless do you know how to remove them without rebooting ?

Similary I had problems with the deamon "crond" because it executes
various commands which can take a lot of CPU power and make PD crash.

Since I am reporting some problems, there is another thing that can
crash PD...
I have 2 PC each running PD and linked together with "netsend" and
"netreceive". The problem is if I instantiate, on the machine which
receives datas, a patch saved on disk inside the patch i am editing, it
crashes PD.

Francois Ernst