Pd crashes

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Mar 22 18:04:06 CET 2000

F.Ernst writes:
 > > abstractions seem to be problematic generally, ...
 >
 > Some precisions: If I remove "netreceive 3003" on my top-level patch I
 > can proceed the instantations I want. Then I can re-put "netreceive
 > 3003", then click on the message "connect" on the sender PC and all is
 > fine. Abstractions seem going well otherwise so far.
 >
 > Francois

This bug is well known ..... unfortunately noone did come up
with a solution until now.
( I looked into the problem .. it seems to be a Linux bug ...
well at least an oddity)

There are ways to get rid of it, but all really "bad hacks".

how abstractions are "generally problematic" I don't know.
Would be insteresting.

Guenter