Pd crashes

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Wed Mar 22 20:27:41 CET 2000

I know of one bug in abstractions, which is that a patch can't include itself
as an abstraction; trying to do so crashes Pd.  I have to install a check for
this but haven't done so yet (trying to correct bigger problems first.)

Abstractionas are also awkward in another way, which is that they don't get
updated when you save the file.  So your running patch can have several different
versions of the abstraction.  What's more, when you close the patch Pd doesn't
check for dirty abstractions.  I'll fix that someday.

I don't know of any interactions between netreceive and abstractions; I'm
curious about that.

Right now I'm working some more on the "data" stuff, not makeing much progress.

cheers
Miller