confused about compiling

D. Marcus Johnson schwaahed at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 21:15:58 CEST 2000

Hi,

I am not really clear on how one is supposed to
compile pd. There are instructions for downloading and
unpacking it, and for testing but I am unclear on how
to compile pd. I would appreciate if someone could
direct me to the proper information.

In /home/schwaahd/pd-0.27/src I did a :

  make -f makefile.linux SOUNDDRIVER=ALSA

This made a :  pd  and pd-gui show up in ~/pd-0.27/bin

I can get pd to sort of turn but it can't seem to find
the pd-gui. I feel like I am missing some thing basic
but fundamental. I am new to Linux and PD so sorry if
this is a really dumb question.

Thank You
-Darwin

Redhat 6.1