run pd under suselinux6.1

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Apr 10 23:23:06 CEST 2000

I used Suse 6.3 for a while and went nuts trying to find the right
packages to make pd-gui compile.  I assume the problem is that there is no
'tk.h'?  I eventually removed all the tcl/tk suse packages and just
downloaded tcl/tk from www.scriptics.com and compiled it myself (actually
the eventual solution was to go back to redhat, but that is not what you
are asking about).

Karl

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Michael Iber wrote:

> hello,
>
> does anybody has experience with SUSE-Linux 6.1 and PD.
>
> I have tried running Miller Puckette´s version as well as compiling
> guenther´s version (.3). the problem in both cases is finding the
> tk-related stuff
>
> thanks

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |