run pd under suselinux6.1

august black at mail.fl.aec.at
Tue Apr 11 11:41:16 CEST 2000

> I used Suse 6.3 for a while and went nuts trying to find the right
> packages to make pd-gui compile.  I assume the problem is that there is no
> 'tk.h'?  I eventually removed all the tcl/tk suse packages and just
> downloaded tcl/tk from www.scriptics.com and compiled it myself (actually
> the eventual solution was to go back to redhat, but that is not what you
> are asking about).

this worked for me when I upgraded to tcl/tk 8.3 from scriptics.
you need to tell pd what version to link against.

find out what version of tcl and tk you have.

then, take a look at the makefile.  do a search for "tk".  you should find
some compiling options for "-libtcl8.0" and "-libtk8.0"  or something lke
that.

for me, I just changed the libtcl8.0 to libtcl8.3 and the same for tk.
and it compiled just fine.