run pd under suselinux6.2 and in general

a9508220 at unet.univie.ac.at a9508220 at unet.univie.ac.at
Tue Apr 11 14:12:02 CEST 2000

Hello. Sorry, I seem to be more newbie than I thought.

I downloaded pd 30 again, this time the bin dir wasn't empty, but the obj
dir still was. Is this normal?
I have a running x and tk should be installed too.
I have a SBLive and I think it's not installed properly: So my first
question: How do I install my SBLive properly? (I have SUse6.2)
(And I already successfully installed another sb (no Live) on another
system)
ANd when I start Pd (even with -nosound) I get a strange error msg saying
sth like "pipe broke (32)"  (I can give you the exact msg later, if that
helps)

Anybody knows sth?

greetings, boris.