midi problems on LinuxPPC 2000 and PD

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Fri May 26 05:52:57 CEST 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Ricardo Climent wrote:

|just wondering how could I get midi to work.

I don't think anyone yet tackled MIDI on PowerPC Linux.  I don't think
there are any drivers (and OSS does not support it AFAIC).  There are
issues with the speed of the serial port on a mac so it's a matter of
hacking up something, I guess, but what do I know....

However,  I'm running LinuxPPC1999 and Guenter's version did not function
(I posted a while ago about the problem with gui not talking with the
rest...).  However, I tried today Miller's version and it behaves nicely
but no audio...  ioctl reports a problem with OSS not being able to
connect to device 0 ...  All my OS has is the oss kernel module.

Any ideas?

I haven't been able to run any sound app other than mp3 players....

I remember someone posted some fix of the endianess problem (changing a
line or 2 in the sources).

I'm on a ppc 7200/120

thnx

     ......   Michal Seta  ......