LinuxPPC/pd news

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Sat May 27 22:36:06 CEST 2000

First, thanks for the tip on -frags/fregsize.  All works fine.
Of course there's no audio input and no MIDI.

However, 44.1 kHz rate dosn't work very well.  I get a lot of clicking
and distortion (even on the test-tone patch).
Running in 22.05 kHz works better.  Nevertheless i get clicks everytime I
move mouse around.  That seems to be coming only from the sound card.  I
tried the soundfile utilities things and while doing transforamtion it
clicks like hell but the buffer plays back fine after....

Also, externs compiled fine! woohoo!  except for loop~...
And I see a lot has changed since the last time I used pd (v. 022 or
something like that).

Any suggestions for a decent quality audio card compatible with ALSA?  and
hopefully supported by MacOS?

MiS

     ......   Michal Seta  ......