pd crashes when hitting backspace/

pix at test.at pix at test.at
Thu Jun 1 02:33:30 CEST 2000

i get this in linux too. although it seems to happen in fewer circumstances since
0.30 (maybe earlier). it seems to only occur if you sucessfully create an object,
then edit it (ie, get to the point where you can edit the text in the box) and
then delete all of the text.

if you just click on the object and hit backspace straight away, it is removed
cleanly.

in earlier versions, it seemed that most uses of the backspace key caused a
crash - but maybe i ahve just modified my editing habits.