Pd in ALSA?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Mon Jun 19 19:38:24 CEST 2000

Hi all,

is anyone managing to run Pd using the ALSA audio system?  Finally (after
2 years of trying) I got ALSA running on my machine in order to test the
"pd -alsa" flag for myself.  Surprise: it fails ("audio stuck").  I'm using
Karl's ALSA code as seen in the current Pd release.

I've discovered that it's at least possible to run Pd with ALSA emulating
OSS.  You either have to suppress ADC, or else throw Pd a "-frags" flag
which it complains about but then works anyway.

Any ideas are welcome...  I really hope in the future I can actually test
Pd releases with both ALSA and OSS before releasing them!

cheers
Miller