Tempered Midi to Frequency

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Jun 19 20:31:37 CEST 2000

Alessandro,

I have finally put up my tempered midi to frequency object (tmtof) on my
web site - http://gigue.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac/download/ - after losing
the source and having to rewrite it from scracth.  Right now it allows to
you choose equal/just temperament, set the key, and set the frequency of
A (440 default).  I will probably add user defined tunings in a few days.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

One note is it requires glib (part of gtk) for hash tables.  This is
widely available on linux systems, but if it is a problem I can add my own
hash table functionality.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |