Pd 0.31 test version with ALSA fix

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 30 02:56:36 CEST 2000

Hi all,

THere's a test release, pd-031TEST3.tar.gz, for linux only, on the web
site at

http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software/

The main new thing is that ALSA is compiled in and seems to work OK with
both stereo and with one multichannel sound card (the Midiman.)  I  hope
this time that Pd with ALSA compiled in will also work on machines without
ALSA installed on them.

If any of you want to check the ALSA support on your own machines I'd
be eager to hear how it goes.

Unfortunately, I don't think this will work with RME Hammerfall boards
yet; for those you'll still have to use Winfried's native driver...

cheers
Miller