Pd 0.31 test version with ALSA fix

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Tue Jul 4 21:04:39 CEST 2000

Miller Puckette a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> THere's a test release, pd-031TEST3.tar.gz, for linux only, on the web
> site at
>
> http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software/
>
> The main new thing is that ALSA is compiled in and seems to work OK with
> both stereo and with one multichannel sound card (the Midiman.)  I  hope
> this time that Pd with ALSA compiled in will also work on machines without
> ALSA installed on them.
>
> If any of you want to check the ALSA support on your own machines I'd
> be eager to hear how it goes.

Hello,

-Creative Labs Sbawe64 gold + Alsa 0.5.7:

PD_ALSA: input doesn't support 4 byte samples; trying 2
PD_ALSA: can't find 4 or 2 byte format; giving up
audio I/O stuck... closing audio and MIDI

-Creative Labs Audio PCI (snd-card-ens1370) + Alsa 0.5.7

PD_ALSA: input doesn't support 4 byte samples; trying 2

Audio out works though, but in the example "Test audio and midi" if you
put "audio in" ON you get a high pitched noise.

midi doesn't seem to work

-Creative Labs SBlive! + Alsa 0.5.8
PD_ALSA: input doesn't support 4 byte samples; trying 2

Audio out was intermintently cut and "audio in" ON produced some evil
noise too.

midi seems to work (IN and OUT)

I will test 0.5.8b on all machines when I will have time to see if it
improves.

All machines: Mandrake 7.0
Linium