opening audio 2 outs - was: Various pd/gem Qs

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Mon Jul 10 20:21:56 CEST 2000

Miller Puckette schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> Pd currently insists on opening ALL MIDI input devices.  This is probably
> not a good idea.  Unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea, I'll kludge
> the next release so that the default is still to open them all but so
> that "-midiindev" specifies that it open one MIDI input device only...
>
> cheers
> Miller

Hi Miller, hi all,

is there a similar behavior with audio outs in the WinNT version of Pd? I experienced problems trying to open two audio outs for four-chanel-output. I need to
open device #2 and #4.
If I start Pd with only specifying '-outchannels 4' pd tries to open device #0 and #0+1. Saying e.g. '-soundoutdev 2' pd tries to open devices #2 and #2+1.

Is there a way to tell Pd to open #2 and #4 ?

thanks
Olaf