Compiling GEM under Linux

Martin Marier marierm at MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri Jul 14 21:46:11 CEST 2000

Hi list,

	I'm trying to compile GEM 0.83 for linux (downloaded from Guenter's
site).  But I can't even create the makefile...

	When I try to compile the libs included with GEM, I get this (error)
message :

BUILDING LIBORB
', needed by `orb.o'.  Stop.rget `orbserial.h
BUILDING PARTICLE
make: Nothing to be done for `lib'.
BUILDING TD
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

	As you can see, TD and PARTICLE are OK, but LIBORB doesn't compile and
therefor, the configure script cannot find that lib.
Can anyone help me ?
At least telling me what that line means :

  ', needed by `orb.o'.  Stop.rget `orbserial.h

Thanks,

Martin Marier