gltt-2.5 library for GEM

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Tue Aug 8 18:56:33 CEST 2000

As I recall, getting Gem running in RedHat 6.1 was quite hard.  I appear to
have had to download freetype-1.2.tar.gz in addition to gltt (and a bunch
of other stuff too; and I had to massage some paths too I think.  It's much
much easier in RedHat 6.2; it would probably be less trouble to upgrade to
6.2 than to deal with getting Gem running under 6.1.

Note the security problem in 6.2 -- you should upgrade the FTP server to
wu-ftpd-2.6.0-14.6x.i386.rp available on the RH website.

cheers
Miller