streaming audio via USB/SCSI/FireWire/...

_-¯-_ jdl at xdv.org
Thu Sep 28 16:00:53 CEST 2000

there are the streamin~/out~ objects in  both the zexy and
ggee(xt) xtrnls ...
i had to use them at this last performance because  i couldnt get the
soundcards on two compaq pc's to work, so i had to stream their output to my
laptop, mix and dac~-output it there.
the streamin~ from zexy was disabled thou .. in version 0.5 (+?) ..
anyhow, it basically worked although the streamin~ has got a few bugs, mainly
that it gets confsued what its actually receiving ..

i was streaming 4 channels (2 from each pc) to the main receiver, but all which
would arrive there were 3 channels max in whatever order i made the 'connect's

also, streamin~ likes to receive 'any' local signal ..
i.e. you put an 'osc~ 220' somewhere, DONT connect it to dac~, then place
a streamin~, connect it to dac~  and the sinewave should be there ..

i can see if/how its reproducible, but i ve had it a few times ..

so as soon as you manage to set up a tcp network over usb/firewire/ethernetz
this should work ..

--
X           Ð           u           ·           0           R           6