Background color of objects on canvas

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Fri Sep 29 20:16:51 CEST 2000

It is not really possible to do this because the objects don't really have
a background - they are just lines and text.  It should be possible to
make PD use TK canvas polygons so that they have a background color (like
Guenter's objects) but there are some issues with the stacking of the
objects.  Notice that since the current objects are 'transparent' when
they overlap nothing is done about the order that they are drawn.  PD will
need a notion of depth in addition to horizontal/vertical position before
this will be possible in a nice way.  It would be nice, though.

Karl

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, sfogar at libero.it wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We know how to change the background color of canvas, is it possible to
> change the background color of objects on canvas in a similar way ?
>
> I'd like to have a grey canvas with white objects.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> Alessandro Fogar

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |