frontends was Re: building a mouse trap

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Thu Oct 5 17:35:09 CEST 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Alessandro Fogar wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> I tried to use the gtk_gui but, on my system when I try to start pd, the
> following message appears after the sounddevice opening:
>
> Function not in object 0x80870e0 hash table >pdtk_watchdog<
> recv: Connection reset by peer (104)

This makes some sense - the watchdog functions are not implemented so you
should not run pd with -rt.  This should not kill the socket, however.

> If I don't start pd with -rt I obtain:
>
> pd: exiting
>
> After the sounddevice opening.
>
> Can you help me please ?

I'm not quite certain what the problem is - the pd: exiting means that pd
encountered some problem.  Did you use all of the same options as with -rt
when you did it without?  Also, what pd version are you using?

Karl