streamin~ /streamout~

dieter dieter at klingt.org
Fri Oct 13 16:11:29 CEST 2000

hi!
i have similar troubles with streamin~/streamout~ (linux).
when i try to get more than 4 streams (22khz 16bit) in both directions over
a 100mbit direct connection  with x-over cable, the streams have drop-outs.
it seems to me as if the upd-traffic is much bigger than the actual data
would be.
any ideas - maybe guenther?
thanks
DIETER

>hi
>i thought two 100Mbit-(LAN)-cards could manage a stream-transfer of 44.1
KHz!?
>but they are too slow. computer-speed-problem or connection-speed?
>is there a possibility to buffer the data?
>what is tempbuf?
>and: i sometimes have problems when closing a window containing a
streamin~-object. pd hangs up...