PD latency

Miha Tomšič miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si
Sun Oct 15 10:22:09 CEST 2000

	Hello!

On the LAD mailing list there is a lot of discussion about lowering
latyency under Linux. Lately I am using kernel 2.2.17 with Ingo's
patches but I still get a lot of crackling noise wile switching
desktops, raising windows and editing patches (like I wouldn't have the LL
kernel).

What are your experiences?
Did anybody do any measurements?
Is PD designed to take advantage of LL kernel (don't really know much
about audio programming)?
Should I go bother the LAD people with these questions? :)

	Miha...

 - Miha Tomšič --- C. na postajo 55 -- SI-1351 Brezovica pri Lj. --- SLOVENIA -