PD latency

d13 dieb13 at klingt.org
Sun Oct 15 13:10:32 CEST 2000

hi miha, hi list!
i dont use any realtime-kernel, but a workaround to reduce clicks and
plops while editing is to use pd at normal priority and renice 20 pd-gui
after launching:

$ps auxw|grep pd-gui
ABC     XYZ  0.2  2.0  3940 2572 ?        S    12:52   0:01
/usr/local/pd/bin/pd blahbla
$renice 20 XYZ
XYZ: old priority 0, new priority 20

if this works for others too it would maybe be a candidate for a
command-line option?!

DIETER